Thursday, October 28, 2010

KPIs

I just could not get the custom KPIs to work. I had found these steps pretty easily.
  1.  Administration -> Business -> Business Processes : turn on analysis for the process
  2.  Administration -> Business -> Tasks -> Task Engine Administration : turn on analysis for each task 
  3. Setup the KPI in Designer for the process
I finally had to call support to get them working.  Here is the step I was missing!
  1.  Turn on Logging for the fields used for the KPIs. In the Properties Tab->Advanced->Logged Fields 
Once I did that they immediately started working.  You have to tell the process what data it cares about as far as KPIs are concerned.  It makes sense, but it sure wasn't clear in the documentation.

1 comment:

  1. Your post is really helpful. I did everything but it's still not working. Do Infrastructure Data Collector required for KPI to work? When I click on the KPI detail from the process instance it complains that No monitor Id found. Would appreciate your help.

    ReplyDelete